Friday, May 19, 2017

My Journey to Harvard: My Parents' Sacrifice, by David Perez

"A few weeks ago I did something that, growing up, I never imagined would happen – I mailed my mother, Beatriz, and my father, Jesus, acceptance letters to both Harvard Business School and the Harvard Kennedy School of Government where I will begin my graduate studies this Fall on a full-year academic scholarship.
As a first-generation American and college student, it would be misleading to say that the path to attending an institution like Harvard was conveniently carved out for me. However, as I reflect on the journey I took to get to where I am, the unconditional support and courage from my parents is the definite starting point...."
Continuar leyendo, en:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest from the Inter American Dialogue this week

 EN:  https://mailchi.mp/thedialogue/poverty-levels-in-argentina-informes-de-progreso-de-politicas-de-primera-infancia-a-us-mexico-trade-war...